Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cesare Battisti back to talk about "if I had ordered would have killed"

In Italy there was "almost a civil war. If I had ordered it, I would have killed. Luckily this never happened, and I never thought it was a way out: "Cesare Battisti said in an interview to a Brazilian newspaper. "The Revolution today is a joke. I was 16 years old when I entered the militancy, are no longer the same person. If today continuassi to be a revolutionary would be an idiot ".

The former militant Pac claims to have been used as a scapegoat for the period of the years of lead in Italy and said: "people tell me, Caesar and revolution? Which revolution? This is a joke. If I was a revolutionary, I'd be an idiot ". Baptists to reinterpret her past with a first conviction: "we were not the first to take up arms, were the regimes, States".

He continues: "I was very young, and as many after the ' 68 we felt that we could place the world with weapons. But calm, not we the first to take up arms, were the schemes, the Member States. The revolutionary movement has accepted the challenge and responded with weapons, "added the Italian former terrorist.

"When they start to kill your best friend, and you've got 20 years, you react with weapons: that was the strategy of the procedures and powers of the time. They had no other chance of destroying the rich cultural movements of the time if not with the provocation of weapons ".

The former terrorist, convicted in absentia and final judgment for four murders, reveals a concern: "do you think that I have left as well, without knowing what I'm doing? The greatest danger is when my case will cool after the sentence of three months ago, thanks to which it is released from prison, Baptist walking down the street and recognizes the faces of people who participated in the protests against his freedom and stay in Brazil, reminiscent of the newspaper, citing the risk that Baptists can be targeted by right-wing paramilitary groups. In a video released by the same newspaper, Baptists also reiterates "never been a terrorist". "Now my main task is to get out of the situation of former militant terroristĂ , Baptists, etc-I've never been a terrorist, no one has sentenced or accused for this. I would just settle down, have a home, a place where to put the books, computers, my life, sit down, start to think and work. "

Baptists adds that for now lives "thanks to the comrades and friends, to collette of support groups in different countries. I don't know how much this will last, "concludes, recalling that his goal is to" integrate to society and start working. "

No comments:

Post a Comment